Just thought I’d try to reprint a section of a larger lino plate that I cut a year ago.
I need an image for a gift card and I was wanting to work in my newly rearranged studio, so I am pleased with how smoothly the new set-up functions.
After finishing my inspiring course from Maiwa( an earthy, eclectic company that sells supplies to fabric artists), I took up the challenge at home.
I boiled and scoured some fabric with synthrapol soap.
I carved a bird image into a piece of easy cut rubber.
After two hours of washing and drying the fabric, neither piece of the material took the Seta opaque ink very well.
After inking up the rubber image again, I finally tried a washed piece of silk, which worked perfectly. I deduced that the flatter and smoother the fabric, the better the result.
The ink must be heat set, either with a commercial clothes dryer or a hot, dry iron.
I had wanted to finish with bias piping but I ran out of time. I will make a better effort in all aspects next time. This was more of an experiment, but a pretty one.