This took quite a bit longer than I thought, but I’m happy with the result, considering I have not embroidered since I put flowers on my jeans in the 60’s.
On a neighbourhood walk, I found a discarded non-functioning piano stool. Yep, I scooped it up, dismantled it, wire brushed the entire disassembled stool, and put it back together again. It now swivels, raises and lowers, and is now a plaything for my 2 yr old
grandson. Next step….buy a piano for him.
I made a few Charcuterie Boards. One is bird’s-eye maple, one is from a live-edged regular maple board and the last one was from a chunk of Sycamore. I sanded them down with a small hand-held sander and then hand-finished with sandpaper.
I polished them down with a food safe oil( unfortunately mineral oil is considered food safe!). The nutraoil is heated with beeswax in a double boiler and a tin can…4 parts oil to one part beeswax. I whipped it (off the heat) with a chopstick and it turns into a creamy paste wax. Each were polished with a lint free cloth and then the paste was reapplied a couple of times.
My summer indigo dyeing continued into the fall, which I would not recommend because of lengthy drying times and DRIPs, but I just could not quit.
I’m super pleased with the results, but the Linen is crazy hard to iron. Actually, the one batch of linen that I made the napkins out of was easy, but this yardage was very difficult. They wash up well, and fade ever so slightly. And then back to ironing.