This lovely cotton/ linen piece took a great deal of time.
- First, I designed a repeat pattern. A fairly lengthy process, but fun!
- Transfered the drawing design to Lino. Cut with speedball Lino cutter.
- Hand stamped small Lino leaves and branches in greens.
- Hand stamped large Lino on top of the leaves. After a few hand rubbing efforts, the prints were too light, so I finally used a beautiful old printmaking press.
- I think the fabric needed about 40 individual passes through the press. Many hours!
- I’m not sure what it will become….maybe an apron or skirt or a lap quilt.